Thursday, October 01, 2009

A Writer's Diary: Wednesday -- Newsletter Editing

tfcomic02I thought I’d do some editing. A few people have sent me articles for my Computers in Classrooms newsletter, so I thought I’d go through them.

In the past I have tried giving copious guidelines to would-be contributors, or stating that the preferred document type is plain text. People did take notice of the guidelines, but the wordprocessor didn’t. Bizarrely, I discovered that documents formatted in the same way in different versions of this wordprocessor actually came out looking different to each other anyway. Plain text is by far the better option in a way, but nobody likes to create documents in boring old plain text, myself included. So half of my job as editor is sorting out formatting.

Oh well, it keeps me off the streets I suppose!

The image above was created using ComicBrush in accordance with its terms and conditions.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: