Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Collaborating just got easier

That's the message from Clay Shirkey in his opening keynote talk at the Online Information conference here in London.

I don't have time to write an extensive report just at the moment, but for now I will leave you with this thought:

"Journalism has moved from being a profession to being an activity. People commit acts of journalism."

I love that, even though I am not sure I wholeheartedly agree with it. And I think it ties in tio what I have started to explore in my survey of the differences between writing and blogging.

Well, on the next stage of the proceedings, which is to look at the seminar list, conference sessions list and exhibitors' list, to determine where to go next.

I will be writing more about the keynote and the rest of today either later tonight or tomorrow, at the ICT in Education website.

No comments: